November 28, 2022
BasketNews’ Donatas Urbonas, Rytis Vysniauskas, and Augustas Suliauskas explain rare Fenerbahce start, discuss Ettore Messina’s hidden messages, and recalls heated moments that involved Milos Teodosic and Nicolo Melli.
- Ataman on BN+ (0:00);
- Fun facts behind rare Rytis milestone (2:58);
- Reasons behind Fenerbahce’s record (9:27)
- Explaining crazy Fener’s numbers (14:58);
- Vezenkov doing Klay Thompson (24:47);
- Recalling Chus Mateo rumors (28:10);
- Why Rytis almost fall asleep during Real vs. Partizan (32:03);
- Panathinaikos run: nothing, something, or everything? (36:13);
- Potential Pangos replacement & hope for Milan (43:11)
- Hidden Messina message (49:55);
- What happened to Teodosic and Melli (58:13);
- The game of the week (1:02:55).
November 21, 2022
BasketNews’ Donatas Urbonas and Augustas Suliauskas discuss the controversial Barcelona and Efes game, reacts to the notorious Dusko Ivanovic practice, and share the early MVP candidates.
- Very bad World Cup takes (00:00);
- Why Saras’ accusations don’t make a lot of sense (2:35);
- How EuroLeague should have reacted to this scandal (10:35);
- The biggest difference that Efes made (18:10);
- What happened between Saras and Kalinic (22:00);
- Unacceptable Satoransky and weird minutes (26:32);
- Is Luwawu-Cabarrot an answer to Milan’s depression? (32:08);
- Hypothetical coaching change for Milan (41:45);
- Zalgiris setting example (43:51);
- Reacting to Dusko Ivanovic 6.5 hour practice (49:40);
- Top 5 early MVP candidates (1:00:35);
- The problem with EuroLeague head coaches (1:10:20).
November 14, 2022
BasketNews’ Donatas Urbonas, Rytis Vysniauskas, and Augustas Suliauskas discuss the scenes around Victor Wembanyama’s French NT debut, another disappointing situation of FIBA windows, and the unexpected change in Crvena Zvezda.
Highest paid EuroLeague players: https://basketne.ws/salaries
Painful Kevin Pangos and Olimpia Milan's offense: https://basketne.ws/Olimpia
This podcast is presented by World of Warships. Register and play World of Warships for free – https://wo.ws/3ElYMtO
You will receive:
- 200 doubloons
- 2 million credits
- 7 Days of WoWs Premium
- Tier IV Ship
- 6 skilled points commanders
- Challenge for Submarines!
- Intro (00:00);
- Impressive & embarrassing moments of Wembanyama’s debut night (1:21);
- Shocking improvement in Wembanyama’s game (8:30);
- What’s unique about Wembanyama compared to Giannis & Jokic (17:00);
- FIBA windows absurd illustrated by Ataman & Micic (23:23);
- The worst game of the season? (36:26);
- What’s not working for Milan (40:27);
- Surprising Crvena Zvezda move (49:02);
- How Ivanovic will change Crvena Zvezda (56:04);
- Spending €5M on highest-paid EuroLeague players (1:00:33).
November 7, 2022
BasketNews’ Donatas Urbonas and Errick McCollum discuss their Top 3 early EuroLeague surprises and disappointments. Errick also shares a scary experience in Turkey and explains why he wouldn’t trade for Kevin Durant if he were a Pelicans GM.
- Scary encounter with a man with a knife in Izmir (00:00);
- Lamar Odom fake pennis story (7:24);
- The biggest surprise of the season (11:24);
- Fenerbahce EuroLeague title chances (20:33);
- Biggest Monaco surprise & their scary potential (32:57);
- Interesting signing idea for Partizan (40:35);
- Partizan player on a breakout year (47:20);
- The biggest disappointment for Errick McCollum (52:19);
- Is Karma a bitch for Madrid? (56:53);
- Crucial officiating mistakes in the EuroLeague (1:03:57);
- The bad part of Andrea Trinchieri effect (1:10:00);
- What’s not clicking for two Final Four teams (1:16:41);
- Pelicans title case & rejecting KD trade (1:25:03).
October 31, 2022
BasketNews’ Donatas Urbonas, Rytis Vysniauskas and Augustas Suliauskas discuss the best Fenerbahce start in 9 years, the Nets fan attack on Luka Doncic, and if Zeljko Obradovic is still the top EuroLeague coach.
BasketNews shop: https://shop.basketnews.lt/en
- Lakers of EuroLeague (00:00);
- What makes Fenerbahce unbeaten (8:00);
- Nemanja Bjelica injury timeline (14:39);
- Challenge that Guduric had to go through (18:31);
- Wilbekin or Larkin for the Turkish NT? (25:49);
- What will the new signing bring to Efes (29:28);
- What has stopped Olympiacos? (35:00);
- Interesting story behind Monaco’s star backcourt (39:05);
- Canaan’s future & Mike James trash-talking Larentzakis (42:25);
- Scary Monaco numbers (49:30);
- Is Zeljko Obradovic still Top 3 EuroLeague coach? (57:25);
- Learning from the attack on Luka Doncic (1:06:10).
October 24, 2022
BasketNews’ Donatas Urbonas, Rytis Vysniauskas, and Augustas Suliauskas discuss Panathinaikos’ future after Dwayne Bacon signing, the biggest highlights of the Real vs. Olympiacos game, and the most favorite underdog stories in EuroLeague so far.
- One more reason to join BN+ & win great prizes (00:00);
- What Bacon move change for Panathinaikos (1:41);
- Rytis impersonating Mike James (9:13);
- Why Radonjic deserves a chance in PAO (21:01);
- Questionable play in Real vs. OLY ending (25:20);
- Educational material of Vezenkov, crazy Larentzakis stat (27:50);
- Is Chus Mateo already in trouble? (33:51);
- The most depressing team so far (39:17);
- The GSW of the EuroLeague (46:08);
- New Bayern & Red Star combination (49:51);
- New Shane Larkin (53:33).
October 17, 2022
BasketNews’ Donatas Urbonas and Augustas Suliauskas discuss the controversial calls in Round 2, key highlights of the remarkable Mike James & Will Clyburn battle, and (un)lucky events behind Partizan’s upset.
- Where is Rytis? (00:00);
- Howard’s masterclass & what went wrong for Partizan (1:21);
- Top 3 early season surprises (9:44);
- Behind Zeljko’s & Punter’s hug (15:31);
- The EuroLeague rule that must be changed (19:03);
- Reaction over uncalled foul vs. Micic (25:20);
- The only regret of James & Clyburn’s classics (27:02);
- Questionable leadership decision in Efes (31:45);
- Risky Monaco’s experiment (35:05);
- Why Mike James is unfair (43:56);
- What was worst about Maccabi’s tweet (47:37);
- What makes Olympiacos so strong (55:45);
- Few things to like about Panathinaikos (1:00:58);
- What went wrong with Bacon & PAO turmoil (1:05:38);
- A very unusual thing in El Clasico (1:08:47);
- Most surprising EuroLeague GM survey results (1:12:30);
- Recommended games to watch (1:22:18).
October 13, 2022
BasketNews’ Donatas Urbonas, Rytis Vysniauskas, and Augustas Suliauskas in the URBONUS Q&A session share their insights on the EuroLeague-Dubai project, EuroLeague GOAT, Top 3 Europeans that never played in the NBA, signings for Maccabi, Efes, Saras’ future in Barcelona and more.
- Big BasketNews announcement (00:00);
- Rumors about the EuroLeague team in Dubai (11:25);
- Top 3 Europeans that never played in the NBA (31:20);
- Who is the EuroLeague GOAT (34:01);
- When Saras will get fired & his tenure with Barcelona (39:10);
- What signing would make Maccabi a playoff team (51:38);
- What would be the best EuroLeague fit for Dorsey? (55:04);
- Luka Doncic under Sarunas Jasikevicius (59:08);
- Suggestion for FIBA windows (1:03:00);
- Vezenkov for the MVP or Alphonso Ford award (1:07:41);
- Best signing for Efes (1:11:07);
- Best fans in Europe (1:14:37);
- Most overrated & underrated EuroLeague players (1:22:38);
- New rule ideas for FIBA (1:27:25);
- Teams we support, hobbies & dream jobs (1:30:15).
October 10, 2022
BasketNews’ Donatas Urbonas, Rytis Vysniauskas & Augustas Suliauskas discuss the EuroLeague season opener with remarkable performances on Olympiacos side and the key of Partizan struggles, Victor Wembanyama cloning the NBA superstars and BasketNews’ Top 50 ranking reaction. Full BasketNews’ Top 50 players ranking: https://basketnews.com/news-178899-basketnews-euroleague-players-ranking-top-10.html
Register and play World of Warships for free – https://wo.ws/3ElYMtO
You will receive:
2 million credits
7 Days of WoWs Premium
Tier IV Ship
6 skilled points commanders
Challenge for Submarines!
- Rytis birthday wishes (00:00);
- What if Wembanyama stayed in the EuroLeague (2:23);
- NBA superstars that were cloned to build Wembanyama (11:15);
- Favorite video games by Rytis and Augis (20:10);
- Why Olympiacos were better than Barcelona (23:55);
- Larentzakis is not afraid of LeBron (27:03);
- How Bolomboy improved Olympiacos (33:12);
- Desperate Zeljko’s move & what’s not clicking for Partizan (39:25);
- Who should Partizan sign? (46:05);
- Things to love about Fenerbahce (49:51);
- Biggest surprises and snubs of BasketNews players ranking (56:45).
October 3, 2022
BasketNews’ Donatas Urbonas, Rytis Vysniauskas & Augustas Suliauskas share their nine bold predictions for the 2022-23 EuroLeague season and bet on five EuroLeague predictions.
- Rytis left surprised by Wembanyama’s experience in Paris (00:00);
- First EuroLeague team to fire the head coach (5:31);
- A challenge for Ergin Ataman (14:27);
- The fact that would tell a lot about the EuroLeague (18:54);
- Mike James and his biggest MVP race rival (21:55);
- The rookie case for the All-EuroLeague Team (38:53);
- Crazy Fenerbahce prediction (43:49);
- Biggest sleeper for the EuroLeague season (47:44);
- 5 bets on Partizan, firings, top scorer & Fener’s record (53:33).